1. It is intended for people monitoring their blood sugar.
2. It is NOT reduced in calories or fat.
3. Sugar-free chocolate is made with REAL CHOCOLATE - so it tastes like real chocolate, but the sweeteners used (read labels for ingredients) do not impact blood sugar the way regular sugar does.
4. Excess consumption will have a laxative effect. This can vary as everyone's system is different. Children can really be affected by this.
5. Sugar-free candy is not always lower in carbs than regular candy.